Reciprocity Exam Requirements

If you hold a valid contractors license with Arizona, Louisiana, Nevada or Utah, and meet the requirements for reciprocity, you may be able to get a California Contractors License without taking the trade portion of the exam.

Alert symbol REMEMBER - CSLB may waive the trade portion of the exam, but retains the right to require the trade exam.

Alert symbolIMPORTANT - If the applicant is granted reciprocity, they still will be required to take the business law portion of CSLB's exam.

Go to Start >>